Modern Slavery Act
This statement is made pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and covers the period from 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018.
It sets out the steps that UIB Holdings (UK) Limited (UIBH) has undertaken- and is continuing to take- to ensure that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
UIBH is a holding company, and as such has no employees, and has a very limited supply chain of its own.
The group headed by UIBH consists of companies which are leading insurance/reinsurance brokers in their chosen fields of business, trading under the highly respected name of UIB. The group is present in North Africa and the Middle East, South America, the Indian sub-continent, Asia and Europe, and has a subsidiary which is a Lloyd’s broker in London.
Action taken to date
Our guiding principles include a statement on Modern Slavery which has been cascaded across the UIB group. The guiding principles are as follows:-
- UIBH has a zero tolerance towards modern slavery, and expects group employees, and those the group deals with, to uphold UIBH’s high values.
- UIBH is fully committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in its supply chains.
We are committed to:
- improving our knowledge of the supply chains for UIBH and all group companies;
- getting a greater understanding of the risk associated with suppliers across the UIBH group in relation to modern slavery;
- an ongoing process of developing our action plan in the light of the results of these actions.
Approval of this statement
This statement was approved by the board of directors on 20th February 2019